Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Continuing Panorama Roof Problems

1K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  HKevinF 
#1 ·
Hi. We bought a used 2003 C320 Sports Coupe back in January of this year. We are continuing to have a problem with the shades on the car's panorama roof. It seems we have had Greenway Mercedes in Houston "repair" it at least four times. The problem is that the button for opening the shades and the roof opens both normally. Then it seems that we hit a small bump in the street (not a large chuck hole!) and the fun starts over. The button will only open the shades a little bit at a time and then the shades will get stuck open. Does anyone have any ideas about what is going on or on ways to really repair the problem? Thanks.

P.S. I couldn't find anything on point through a quick search of the c-class section of the forum.

#3 ·
HKevinF said:
Doesn't anyone on this forum have any insights on this issue? Your help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

Hi there
Perhaps by now u got it fixed.
I had the same problem with my car.
A tip for u "re-initialise the system"
This is done by holding the button in the open position for aprox 10-15 sec.
Then try again and you will notice that it works properly.
Get some white grease that are in sprays, open the sunroof completely, and make sure u put some of the grease evenly on both rails.
If problem persists, ask someone to re-align the rails for you.

Cheers

amith

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.