Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Malfunction Question

750 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Tom4697 
#1 ·
hey guys/gals, I know I ask alot of questions but I just purchsed this and I am not used to benz's computer.
well this issue came up today. My malfunction came out saying "brake light L check bulb"
I checked to see if its burnt but it isn't, I went inside the truck to check the the bulb but I can't get into the bulb. Any questions on how to get to it?

And what is this malfunction on when nothing is wrong?

Please give your 2 cents. Thanks

#2 ·
if by check you mean looked in a mirror behind ur car while pressing the brake.. then ok. cause the brake light is the one that goes off when you press the brake.. not the one that stays on in the rear when you turn the car on

hrum. i've had one or two lights where sometimes it would sometimes give me errors that one light had burned out and it really hadn't...

If I remember right there is a panel inside the trunk that gives you EASY access to the actual bulb.

#3 ·
Had the same message a while back, checked the lamp by removing the trunk liner covering the tail light housing.
Removed the tail light assembly, ( very easy ) , inspected the bulb, nothing wrong with it. Cleaned the metal contacts with fine wire brush.
Re-assembled the housing, made sure it was a snug fit.
No messages since. T.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.