Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Snow tires go on tomorrow.....

860 views 5 replies 2 participants last post by  BF_JC230 
#1 ·
I was going to hold out to November, but.....it's getting cold along Lake Erie.

I have a set of Nokian Hakka 2s being mounted on OEM 06 230 wheels. They are new from my dealer. I'm putting 225/45/17s all around.

Cheers. Looks like they'll be on until mid April or early May, depending on the weather.

#2 · (Edited)
Lake Erie?

Here in OP - 25 minutes south of Buffalo - we have about a half inch of snow - and the North Towns have a few inches...I am stuck with the summer tires on right now .. should be a good ride home from my girlfriends house...normally it takes 10 minutes..we shall see tonight!

Good thing I spent a part of last weekend, and a few nights this week cleaning and waxing the winter rims...

It is to get back to upper mid 50's starting saturday...may be able to hold off on the snows...
Jake

#3 ·
Yeah - took about 30 minutes - and as I drove more north to my house (6 miles away) it was more and more snow - my house has about 2 inches and I could barely drive up my street (25*) - I had to work the tranny for a few minutes, redevelop a small start and use second gear - Love that manual!

If it is like this tomorrow - I dunno...maybe snow tires...it is to get around 24* tonight and the lake is at 64* - Canadian air is making a huge snow machine - I had to switch off the xeon - and go with just fogs for a little while the light refraction was a white out!

Be safe all!
Jake

#4 ·
Wow....I know Buffalo weather is pretty crazy. My buddy's wife is from the Silver Creek area and they get some crazy snow. There was a huge band of snow set up going right into Buffalo yesterday. We didn't get anything in Erie, but heard thunder a good chunk of the night. We get our fair share here...~ 9-10 ft. a year.

I said what the heck and will have the snows put on now. My wheels are toast, so I'll get the new ones on, and have traction if I need it. If the car doesn't do too well (I had a few Audi quattros before), I'll look at trading in next year for a 4Matic something, maybe an M Class. I miss the utility of having something to haul stuff.

The roads are bad here, and it's a pain having to drive the car so blasted carefully as not to damage it. But heck, it's a fun car.

Good luck Jake.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.