Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Rear door locks???

1K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  quddous 
#1 ·
My wife pulled on the rear door nob to hard and it popped OUT. I can't get it back in, is there a way to take the door apart and put it back together or is there something brocken inside???

#2 ·
Are they stock pins? - She most likely stripped it - which is seems a little hard to do as the are overmolded...perhaps it was not screwed down well enough...try to re thread it to the lock rod - it may take a little bit with the remote and the lock / unlock to get the rod to thread the hole - try using a small screw driver - or other rod type tol to feed up the lock rod - then re thread the pin...

Jake

#3 ·
DO not press CLOSE on your door.. or you might get into trouble.. sometimes the SCREW for the door lock goes INside the door.. then u have to use SMALL tweezers to try to center it while you press the OPEN button on your key

try the door pin on one of the other doors. if it doesn't work then its most likely that the pin is wrecked.

If the pin is expensive at the dealership you can msg me and pay me for shipping (probably $1-2) and i'll send you one of my pins for free.

good luck.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.