Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Tires are under MB warrantee? Any recomendations?

586 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Buellwinkle 
#1 ·
Have a C230 K sport coupe with OEM Michelins. Apparently the right rear tire took an unnoticed flat (I was not driving the car) and now needs to be replaced. My first question, the answer to which I'm pretty sure I know, is this: are the tires under any kind of MB warrantee? They have only about 20K on them (31K on the car, but switch to winters for c. 4 mos/year). Basically asking just on the off chance....

Second question: I think I'll replace both rear tires. What would you all recommend in place of the Michelins?

Many thanks for your in put.

#2 ·
Tires are usually under the tire manufacturer warranty but the dealer can typically process the claim as easily as any Michelin dealer. They don't go by miles on tire warranties, that's just to make it easier for you to understand, they go by thread depth and the warranty is prorated. For example, if you had 1/2 the thread left and the tire was $200, they would give you an allowance of $100 towards a new tire. That's the theory but their formulas are more complex and less generous than that, haha!

As for good tires, the Michelins are good but don't last as long as others and are very expensive. Living where we don't get snow I use summer tires only and I liked the Bridgestone Potenza RE750 and had a bad experience with tramlining on the 17" Pirelli P-Zero Nero on my C230 but suprisingly this tire did well on our SLK230 with 16" wheels.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.