Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Just Got My Car Detailed!!! Pics-enjoy!!

4K views 26 replies 13 participants last post by  roadrage 
#1 ·
Just got my car detailed. These guys do a great job!!So if ever you live in OC, PM and I'll send you their contact info. They are top notch quality guys and not your usual crap detailer wanna bes. Enjoy the pics!!

Attachments

See less See more
#4 ·
For the same money you could buy yourself a random orbiter and some supplies and do it yourself. "griotsgarage.com" is where I get my stuff. Some off their items are very expensive so I am sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere. They have a very good manual that tells you all you need to know. I was always scared to do my own buffing. I was scared that I would ruin the paint, but it explains it very clearly and I have to admit it is easy. It does require alot of time to do a good job though. 4-6 hours depending on what you need to do. The manual is free if you dont mind printing 100 pages off on your printer, but it is very,very informative.

The pics look great, too.

#5 ·
dnlow said:
For the same money you could buy yourself a random orbiter and some supplies and do it yourself. "griotsgarage.com" is where I get my stuff. Some off their items are very expensive so I am sure you can find it cheaper elsewhere. They have a very good manual that tells you all you need to know. I was always scared to do my own buffing. I was scared that I would ruin the paint, but it explains it very clearly and I have to admit it is easy. It does require alot of time to do a good job though. 4-6 hours depending on what you need to do. The manual is free if you dont mind printing 100 pages off on your printer, but it is very,very informative.

Can you send me the manual? I was unable to find it on their website. Thanks! ED bluewater060@comcast.net

#11 ·
Roadrage,
Do you live in San Francisco but have your car detailed in the O.C.? I just realized that's the same view in the background as from my parking structure on Bristol across the freeway from South Coast Plaza.

#13 ·
jesster said:
Roadrage,
Do you live in San Francisco but have your car detailed in the O.C.? I just realized that's the same view in the background as from my parking structure on Bristol across the freeway from South Coast Plaza.
Yep, I live in OC I work in Bristol Plaza Executive buildings. Do you work there as well?

#16 ·
roadrage said:
Yep, I live in OC I work in Bristol Plaza Executive buildings. Do you work there as well?
I think our office complex is called South Coast Corporate Center next door to the Hilton hotel. Is your detailer the guy that washes cars in the basement of the parking structure?

#18 ·
roadrage said:
yep!! Everglo!!

Do you park there aswell?
Yes. Usually half way up the second level next to a wall backed into the stall. white c230 now with a scratched air dam (aargh1#&(!&$)#). I think the Ricoh repair guys are messing with me because lately they've been parking their service truck there backed in just like me. I've never had my car washed by everglo but my (ex) co-worker had his c240 detailed and the dude broke the ignition switch. Pushed it into the dash and it fell thru behind the panel. Looks like he did a great job with your car though.

#19 ·
jesster said:
Yes. Usually half way up the second level next to a wall backed into the stall. white c230 now with a scratched air dam (aargh1#&(!&$)#). I think the Ricoh repair guys are messing with me because lately they've been parking their service truck there backed in just like me. I've never had my car washed by everglo but my (ex) co-worker had his c240 detailed and the dude broke the ignition switch. Pushed it into the dash and it fell thru behind the panel. Looks like he did a great job with your car though.
Sorry to hear about that dude. I just rear ended someone last night, A PT cruiser, her bumper fell off and mine virtually had no scratches but if look really well, you will notice that the front right side of the bumper is slightly pushed in. Damn!

You have a C230? does it have the amg bumpers? I'm selling my brand new Carbon Fiber lip that I just got from Euroteck Motorsports. I never installed it because I want to change my wheels to 20's. Interested? By the way which building do you work in?

#20 ·
roadrage said:
Sorry to hear about that dude. I just rear ended someone last night, A PT cruiser, her bumper fell off and mine virtually had no scratches but if look really well, you will notice that the front right side of the bumper is slightly pushed in. Damn!

You have a C230? does it have the amg bumpers? I'm selling my brand new Carbon Fiber lip that I just got from Euroteck Motorsports. I never installed it because I want to change my wheels to 20's. Interested? By the way which building do you work in?
Yes I have the AMG bumpers. Carbon fiber lip sounds tempting but I'd probably knock it off everytime I pull up to my house. Ouch! Sorry to hear about the PT incident. I am in 3090. U?

#24 ·
dnlow said:

Watch out when doing it yourself, it's very very easy to leave streaks in the paint even for a pro. I had my 540 done a few months ago and had to return it because a rear door had swirl marks in it. And if you're going to do it yourself, get a very good buffer, not a single hand wax applicator or a tiny one. It should also have variable speeds. My car took about 7 hours from top to bottom. It's black with no real damage to it, so t was an "esay" job.

Really what you're doing is melting the paint, removing some embedded dirt, filling scratches and making it shiney. Do you want to try it for the first time on your car? Believe me I've seen cars go to a body shop after a "detail" because the guy doing the buffing ruined whole body panels.

#26 ·
Arn560 said:
It's funny to think I could afford $250 or even more to get my car detailed but would rather do it myself. Besides it would get me away from the wife for a few hours! That alone is worth $300!
Hahaha, that's hilarious dude. I would totally do it myself too but I simply can't find the time between work and my girlfriend! :)

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.