Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Xenon bulbs?

846 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  DACHIGGA 
#1 ·
**NOTE** Please read this thread in a completely monotone voice, never cracking a smile, grinning, or otherwise having any sort of fun, because having fun might offend some overly touchy individual who will then complain about you every ten minutes. **That is all.**

I would like to know if it is possible to get xenon bulbs for the interior lights of a 2002 Mercedes Benz C320, and where do I get them. I would also like to know how to go about "smoking" (as you kids call it these days) my headlamps, tail lights, and side markers. I would enjoy reading answers to my questions.

:mad:

#2 ·
hrmm.... you can install xenons anywhere. it wont be easy or recommended though. xenons require a full different type of energy supply than your regular lights. so you'd have to buy a xenon ballast and have the electrical wires (with whatever voltage supply the ballasts need) rewired up to where you want the xenon installed.

= a lot of work
on a merceds
= very very expensive

#3 ·
you can get "Xenon/krypton" filled bulbs for the interior, but they are a waste of money, they're pretty much the same as coloured bulbs. I say get LEDs.

As for smoking you lights, I wouldn't do it, it lowers visiblility of you actions to other ons the road. But if you must do it, you can either use tint film or a spray can. Only smoke the tails, sidemarkers and turn signals, smoking the headlights is just stupid.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.