Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

How to remove power from CD Changer?

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  barrios35 
#1 · (Edited)
Hi,

I have been reading so much about the CD changer with "Magazine Empty" and the remedies recommended include removing the power to the changer and letting the changer "reset" by itself.

The problem I have, and it may sound really silly, is that I do not even know how to get to the power cable to remove it from the changer. I have a C 200 Kompressor, 2002 model. The changer is an Alpine and is located in the glove compartment. It is so neatly fixed in, all I have access to is the magazine loading opening. Everything else is concealed.

Appreciate any help I can get to remove the power from the changer. This is my 1st MB and I am lost in the world of electronics and cables that tie this car together.

Thanks!

#2 ·
They must be referring to the factory CD changer, it's not Alpine. If it was the factory CD changer you can remove the small connector off the back of the CD changer and it's help in with just one screw on the top side of the glove box. Remove it and the entire CD changer bracket comes out, CD changer and all.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.