Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Seriously Considering '01 C240

748 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  rlee02135 
#1 ·
I have owned my 300CE for 4 months now, and I have grown to not like it as much as I thought I would. Too many problems keep cropping up, and if I am going to be shelling out money every month, I might as well have something newer.

The car I am looking at is an '01 C240 with 82,200 miles on it. It has Xenons, Sunroof and Automatic trans. They are asking 14,900 for it at a dealer.

What should I look for specifically? Is there anything that is prone to going on these cars? I have noticed a lot of posts regarding the xenon lights... but it seems that this is from people converting from halogen to xenon and having troubles there.

Mass Airflow Sensors seem to be another place of issue on the C240's, any feedback on that?

The car is Mars Red with Grey leather, which is a combo that I love. Do you all think this is a good deal, or should I hold out and pay a little more for one with lower miles? My 300CE has 122k miles on it and it seems like 322k miles... it was not well taken care of and smokes a lot at idle and upon acceleration it burns oil... and just not really wanting to deal with that from a newer car.

Thanks in advance guys!!!

See less See more
#2 ·
Hi,
Bought almost the same care 2 and a half years ago. Have had some problems, mostly with the electronics. Didn't help that a tree fell on it during a hurricane. At 80,000 miles the emissions warrantee expires which, in my book should lower the value of the car since emssions items are expensive to replace and of course they go right after the warranty runs out. Also, the plugs and wires are due for a change at 100k miles and that runs about $900. Once I got the electronics issues solved the car has run very well. I do my own oil changes and do the lubes and other minor items reccommended for the "A" and "B" services myself.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.