Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

4 Bent Wheels.....

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  doyle613 
#1 ·
On my C230. I hit a bump and had some vibration...and I went to a good tire shop and had my wheels balanced.

They said all four wheels were bent, and the rears hop. I did hit a bad patch of road earlier this year that did some suspension damage (rear control arm) and damaged the front bumper.

I had the work done at my MB dealer and specifically asked them to check for wheel damage. The said "everything's ok." The car had the factory wheel weights. I'm SOL going back to the ins. co. and the dealer 3 months after the fact. I really didn't notice anything goofy with the ride after the car was fixed.

How much damage will riding on a set of bent wheels cause to the driveline in these cars?

After the rebalance today, I couldn't really notice anything. The roads suck in NW PA. I do notice some tendency to "worm" a bit, but I attribute that to the worn roads and interstates.

I was planning on using these wheels as winter ones. I have a brand new set of identical MB wheels for summer use. Looks like I'm going to have to use this set for winters, and just mount/dismount or buy another set--I don't keep cars that long so I don't know if it's worth dumping another 1K+ for wheels.

Grump.

Thanks.

See less See more
#2 ·
that sucks..i know how you feel in a sense when i did the same exact stuff....BUT with my lowered/modified honda civic...I also did that with my E46/M3 but it was only one wheel....The bad thing bout that experience was that the M3 did not have a spare and I was two hours away from home! But having to go through that stuff sucks!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.