Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

rear defroster

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  sd619ca 
#1 ·
Does anyone else's rear defroster take FOREVER to clear the back window? I've noticed that the defroster times out before the window is even close to being clear. Is this normal? Now that the weather's changing in LA I spend more and more mornings hoping nothing's behind me as i back out of the driveway.

#4 ·
I'm in Los Angeles. I don't get ice or snow on my windows. And it takes FOREVER to clear the rear window. No car I've ever owned has had such a lazy defroster. And really the whole Climate Control system sucks. Why is it AUTOmatic when I always have to figit with it? It can never maintain a comfortable temp.

#5 ·
I'm south of your location, and these past few months have been lower than normal temperatures, especially in the mornings and nights. I'd have to say that the few times I've had to use my rear defroster, that it's taken around 2 minutes or so for it to get the rear window clear. Not too bad on my end.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.