Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Ideas to customize a 2002 C320? (without looking like a chinaman)

9K views 22 replies 16 participants last post by  Roger007 
#1 ·
Anybody have any ideas on what to do to customize a 2002 C320 without it ending up looking like a chinaman or a brother's car?

I mean, I don't want to hear ignorant shit like "Put 37 inch chrome rims on it", or "Put a huge tailpipe and a bunch of chinese stickers on it"...

:mad:

#2 ·
Jerk said:
Anybody have any ideas on what to do to customize a 2002 C320 without it ending up looking like a chinaman or a brother's car?

I mean, I don't want to hear ignorant shit like "Put 37 inch chrome rims on it", or "Put a huge tailpipe and a bunch of chinese stickers on it"...

How about some anger management DVD's to start with? :eek: ;)

Seriously though - I'm in the same "boat" too with my new to me 02 C320 - there is SO MUCH RICE on this forum it is freakin' stoopid. What a bunch of losers. Absolutely no imagination or "ghetto mods" that require some original thought.

Flame suit armed. :surrender:

(So - ricers - how 'bout some CLASSY inexpensive:dunno: ideas that are not simple "bolt on" or "buy it from a Vendor 'cause everyone else has it"?

HMMM?? :crybaby2: :confused:

#3 ·
Play nice or I'll delete your posts.

The 2002 C320 was before the sport sedan and can use some simple stuff to make it look loads better. First, lower it by about an inch with H&R or Eibachs. The Eibachs actually ride better, the H&R's handle better, the 1" won't be ricey at all. Then wheels, the factory wheels look lame, look for take off's from newer sport sedans, the 2004.5 through 2007 staggered wheels look pretty nice without going overboard. 18s are as far as I would go without having the big wheels look. Also you didn't say where you are from or what color your car is but a nice light to medium window tint on some colors improves the look. Chrome exhaust tip helps. Also consider AMG sway bars for handling, under $200. Some people like the flat hood ornament over the standup one.

#4 ·
Jerk said:

First off, screw you, how dare you you use a racial term to describe the state of a car. (I am refering for to the "chinaman") what makes you think only chinese people or black people put untasteful things on cars? where I live, there are far more white people with so called "Riced Out" cars then chinese people. So I would rephrase your question before posting ignorant sh*t like that.

#5 ·
DACHIGGA said:
First off, screw you, how dare you you use a racial term to describe the state of a car. (I am refering for to the "chinaman") what makes you think only chinese people or black people put untasteful things on cars? where I live, there are far more white people with so called "Riced Out" cars then chinese people. So I would rephrase your question before posting ignorant sh*t like that.

Yeah dude. I agree. Don't expect people on this forum to give you suggestions when your just plain hating.

Go put your potty mouth somewhere else.

#6 ·
Guys,
Have some class...if you don't like this forum go to another. Comments like that makes you look "Stoopid," no matter what you do to your car! For Pete's sake, have some class, you're driving a Benz man!

Spookie
"It's sad to see ignorant folks in this day and age.."

#7 · (Edited)
What is sad is when people who buy an M-B have no idea it's history...and what they are, and what they mean and how this is pushing M-B to be a more marketed car than an engineered car - where are the w140 days?

As for modifications to your car - again do some more research on the car you own - it's history, it's cultural history and the people that produce them - then try to reflect that in a way that brings our your style - while respecting the heritage...

For me - on my w203 that means, smoked tail lights, smoked front running light side markers (again research, the best way is travel [How many people on this board have been to Germany, Italy, France...etc?] - see what it is like in Germany) If anything is more ignorant in the aftermarket world as "Clear Euro Lights" - let me know...I painted my calipers red, installed chrome European door pins, soft padding in the map pockets, I am working on a black grille and flat badge...I use the all weather mats, I am trying to locate a warning triangle and a fire extinguisher...I have jack supports I use to get under the car, I have winter rims and tires...It never ends...

Good luck
Jake

and listen to Buell...

#9 ·
BF_JC230 made a good point about history because you can tie in so many things on how to tune your car right. It's all in your ideas, and mapping them out before you execute. But think about it this way, basically everything that's made for our cars is classy yet sporty. The only way you can f*** up a benz is if you put a Type 1 - 4, A,B or C wing on it. Tint the whole thing 0 % all around, throw some ugly a** expensive wheels that scream look how much $ I have instead of look how nice the wheels compliment the lines and design of the car. On top of that go ahead and get yourself a Greddy Intake, Intercooler and exhaust and custom pipe the car out and put Greddy stickers all around so you're a riding advertisement. Then with your Eibach stickers from your springs, put those stickers on the front and rear fenders. After that, chrome EVERYTHING out and get a paint job to represent any Asian or pacific island country. Hmmm, let's choose Japan in this case. So you have a big Japanese flag painted on your hood. Then you get some nice custom Altezza lights to put in the back...and put unmatching ground effect lights on the bottom..and guess what? you just f'd up your benz!
Not for nothing dude, but I've been DJ'ing all of the nation's and the world's best car shows for the past 8 years of my life. From Funk Flex to Nopi, Sema to HIN, ESPN shows and DUB, and guess what? I've never seen a f'd up benz at any of those shows. Just don't be an idiot.
yeah...I drive a benz...yeah my Maxima was hooked up and you probably might think it was a rice rocket....you can say china man, but we're in a different scene than the import scene. That's a predom Japanese-owned market. We have German cars...so do research and figure out the best German parts to fit your German car. Don't try putting a Stillen big block under your hood b/c it doesn't ride out like that.
Other than that as for your China man comment.
I'll let that one slide for now...it's cool. I get that sh** everyday directed to me.
There are ignorant people in this world. If you're asian, then you just degraded the culture 10 fold. I wonder if you even rep that you're asian. B/c guess what? I took that idea that I was asian and turned it into a million dollar run for me.
Yeah I'm Filipino and proud of it.

and to everyone else...I think my man over here just wants to see a lot of posts under his topic....

#10 · (Edited)
I've read probably about a thousand posts before chiming in - and this is all good stuff, thanks!

I've:

1. Put limo dark tint on the windows (brilliant silver paint) Hey, I live in Arizona so it is neccessary.

2. 17" Privat matte grey seven spoke wheels since I know how 18's and larger destroy the ride and create bump steer.

3. Ground down some thick stainless steel washers to fit into the wheel "center holes" so that I could glue on some Mercedes white star hood badges with M1 ahdesive (waterproof marine grade) The Privat badges are really cheesy looking.

4. Bolted on (yep...) some HONDA stainless steel exhaust tips - they look great. Oh no, I just riced my own ride! :eek:

5. Lost the star on the hood badge, and in it's place drilled and tapped the center of the logo and screwed in a chrome carriage bolt so that it covers the hole.

6. Clay barred the entire car and waxed.

And now the tough questions that I've searched and searched for answers before I do something "wrong":

1. Why not just lower the front - and leave the rear alone? No question that wheel gap in the front is way too large - won't I sacrifice overall carrying capacity if I lower the rear as well? Has anyone done this or is this a bad idea..

2. What color to paint the brake calipers? Yellow is out of the question, so I'm thinking red. It has got to be somewhat understated - black is probably the way to go? Probably not worth the effort but I am in to subtle details.:confused:

3. A small color matched front lip and small wing would seem appropriate - but which ones? Really a tough decision.

4. While were at it, how about painting the black plastic "mesh" grillwork inside the bumper brilliant silver as well? Anyone done this... have not seen it in the pictures section. My thought is it would update the look of my stock front end which I intend to keep although Bix and new fogs from Steve are a must along with clear side markers.

5. How about some custom interior work? I plan on replacing the centers of the seats with either grey or black perforated Ultrasuede Alcantara - along with the side panels on the doors and probably the top of the center armrest. I really can't decide if the grey is making too much of a statement - or just stay with the understated black. The Alcantara will have a 4mm breathable mesh underlayment along with 1/2 inch of high density visco elastic foam. It might just be me but it seems these seats are really uncomfortable....

I import and wholesale perforated Ultrasuede Alcantara, btw, so you guyz HAVE to be nice to me - even if I do call you RICERS! :p :D But I WON'T call you "chinaman" or "brother". Man, is that low class or what? :bash:

Whatever you want to do with YOUR car is OK by me, since it's all in good fun - and yes - I agree whatever floats your boat. :1poke:

Thanks guyz for your help! :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown: :bowdown:

#11 ·
Well I have been searching but I can't find anywhere that sells either blacked out or smoked out tail lights for an 02 C320. Mine is silver with black interior, I want to get the black tail lights, clear side markers, and does anyone have the blacked out headlamps? I am curious what those look like before I try them out.

Also, Is there a way to get rid of the turn signals on the mirrors? And can I get blacked out fog lights, or would that just be stupid? No rice please.

#12 ·
I'm pretty sure they don't sell smoked tail lights, you have to get the right paint and do it yourself from the inside. Funny that you want to get rid of the turn signal lights on the mirror, many people on the SLK forum with 1998-2000 want to put them on to make it look like the newer cars. Then a bunch that had the older ones like you wanted to put the newer style ones from the 2005+ or the W211. But you can easy just sand them and put on a coat of matching silver and clearcoat. I have a how to on my website on how to paint the bumper, the mirror would be the same.

#15 ·
just a few things

what is riced out? lol I live in Maryland so not sure what that means, of course I do know what pimped out is.........and really it applies to all of us, we all want non factory looking vehicles............now Im not a racist what so ever but my wife grew up in NYC she said when I mentioned a few things I was going to add to my C320 dont make it look PR- puerto rican, now I think thats funny but it certainly isnt meant to be racist, so times you can go tooo far in trying to be unique or classy.............I guess that is in your mind........ok now on to what I did............Silver exterior Charcol interior- tinted the windows.......very nice look, it came with a dual chrome exhaust tips- these are factory and very sweet, rims of course 18's max, keep your old rims for the winter, benz logo grill, gives it a younger look, mine was also lowered- go figure how sweet, mods coming- all weather mats, blk lights in the interior (hidden of course) and wired correctly to the interior switches I think a nice touch. Oh yeah maybe if I can find them...............classy sporty fender or mud flaps- painted silver, last addition which I may have to fabricate from fiberglass is a rear window spoiler or ventshade, my wife says Im nuts but damn they look cool to me. Oh yeah Im 41 dont let the age fool you LOL will post pics when I get some digitals done............

#18 ·
FrankW said:
yea, I'm Taiwanese/Chinese...DO NOT MAKE YOUR CAR LOOK LIKE MINE! YOU DON'T WANT TO BE A "CHINAMAN" right? LMAO...
yeah frank..your joint looks straight up like a Chinaman. It's so not done right.... sh** on the real though....if that's a chinaman's car..then the jerk can only dream about having his look like that one day. I say we all the winkle to provide us with the IP address of the Jerk so we can roll up to his crib and find out that he's got a ricer for his car and he's on here dreaming of pushing a benz

#19 ·
I don't understand you people... if your car does not look riced out, then why would you possibly take offense to me not wanting mine to look riced out? I wasn't specifically directing this post at you and saying your car looks Chinese. I said I don't want MINE looking Chinese. So if yours doesn't look like a chinaman, then how the hell do you reply incredulously like I was accusing you of being a Chinaman? Especially when your name is Frank, I dont get how you took offense to me not wanting a Chinaman looking car.

"On the real though", how about actually answering my question.

#20 ·
Jerk said:
I don't understand you people... if your car does not look riced out, then why would you possibly take offense to me not wanting mine to look riced out? I wasn't specifically directing this post at you and saying your car looks Chinese. I said I don't want MINE looking Chinese. So if yours doesn't look like a chinaman, then how the hell do you reply incredulously like I was accusing you of being a Chinaman? Especially when your name is Frank, I dont get how you took offense to me not wanting a Chinaman looking car.

LOL! The point is people are taking offense to you claiming a Chinese mans car is all rice. Frank is Chinese hence your stereotyping his ethnicity. You could have just let it say, "i dont want my car looking like rice" but you threw in the word Chinaman. Race has nothing to do with someones tastes in cars. Plenty of people everywhere make their cars rice. Who do you think Nopi sells all their products to? What you think is nice might be considered rice to others. Instead of asking such a vague question why dont you just ask for specific things. You want wheels then ask for wheels, etc.

#21 ·
After typing and deleting scathing responses maybe twenty times, I'm backing off and just want to say the following: There are obviously some wise and patient folks that frequent this board. Bless you for dealing with probable trolling in such a stand up manner. :bowdown: :bowdown:

#22 ·
Jerk said:

You don't understand people. That is a surprise. But I guess this chinaman ain't asking others how to make their car look. I guess class is like style, you either have it or you do not.

#23 ·
BrabusCClass said:
LOL! The point is people are taking offense to you claiming a Chinese mans car is all rice. Frank is Chinese hence your stereotyping his ethnicity. You could have just let it say, "i dont want my car looking like rice" but you threw in the word Chinaman. Race has nothing to do with someones tastes in cars. Plenty of people everywhere make their cars rice. Who do you think Nopi sells all their products to? What you think is nice might be considered rice to others. Instead of asking such a vague question why dont you just ask for specific things. You want wheels then ask for wheels, etc.
Very well said. I was thinking the same exact thought.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.