Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Help, please: Retaining clip for low-beam

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  00CLK208 
#1 ·
My 2002 C230k needed a new headlamp and as I was fiddling with the retaining clip while trying to install the new H7 bulb, the clip fell into the nether-regions of the front end never to return. MB dealer here has no such clip in their parts inventory. They say it is partof the whole hgeadlamp shell assembly. I wound up using putty as a temporary fix. Anyone know where I can get a new clip? Or do I need to work on constructing a home-made substitute?

TIA

#3 ·
Go to the junk yard on the week end, any MB light bulb's use the same the retaining clip, just looking for the junk yard (import car or European's car), take one out, it cost you may be a buck. My wife 's car sun visor plastic cover for the mirror broken off, MB do not sell the plastic cover only, the whole sun visor cost $120.00, I head out the junk yard for the sun visor (exact color), cost me $10.00 for both side (I took both side for spare). Regards.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.