Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

changing brakes to brembo??? worth it?

1K views 5 replies 4 participants last post by  06c350sport 
#1 ·
Is it really worth changing the stock brakes on my 2005 C230 sport sedan to Brembo brakes? I like that red caliper look...maybe I should just have them painted? What you guys think?

#2 ·
$3K just for the fronts... worth it? Not in my mind. If you've got $3K to burn just for front brakes I'd get a better car. No knock on the C230, but IMO the brakes would be out of balance with the capabilities of the rest of the car. I bet brake feel would be better, but not $3K worth. If you like red calipers and don't mind spending a few bucks I'd recommend getting the stock calipers powder coated. Paint sucks.

#5 ·
oh i see..i didnt know all that stuff....haha...ya, i think i'm gonna go get the front calipers powder coated...

you know..i've taken loaner c230's when my car has been serviced...and just abused it in terms of trying out things that I wouldnt in my car...I've taken the
C230 and stopping in the middle of the freeway here going 70mph...I'm pretty impressed by the response! But my other car..the E46 M3...is just superb...stops right on the spot.....You know..our c230's are that fast..so i dont see a need to get bigger brakes....

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.