Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Best Gas Mileage You've Gotten on a Full Tank

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  Jrida47 
#1 ·
Hello again...

I just want to know; what is the best gas mileage that you've received from a full tank of gas and/or a short trip?

I think the best gas mileage I've gotten from a full tank was 35.1 mpg(according to the little computer on my dashboard....I cruise controlled from San Jose, CA to Las Vegas, NV on the highway at approximately 75 mph....

Does that sound right? I'm not really sure how the little programs in the dashboard work? Does it compute the mpg after every start and for everytime you reset? There are two menu's....Let me know...

#5 ·
Best so far is 33.5, but I've yet to take it on a trip longer than 100 miles. Lifetime (the "since reset" numbers) have crept up to 29.5 mpg. Not bad for a V6; I'm very pleased.

#9 ·
Re: hybrid

Jrida47 said:
Wow...37 mpg...that is great! Great reason why we do not need to buy a freakin hybrid car! Our cars get as good mileage as those overpriced hybrids!
idiiots who spend $ on hybrids won't see the cost benefit until 5 - 7 years into owning the car... we're good!

#10 · (Edited)
Haven't been on extended highway trips yet, but I've seen it up to 33. I got 30.3 on regular surface roads on a half hour trip yesterday, which for city traffic I think is pretty darn good. Key to all this is the adaptive automatic transmission which I think is fantastic. If you don't let the engine rev up and shift up early, you can keep your MPG very high.

#11 ·
I do not think the program is exceptionally accurate. I think it is about 5% off. If you look at the computer and then figure it out by miles/gallons of gas to fill up it always comes out less than what the computer says. It seems to be substantially more acurate on road trips where you start and stop the car less often. I look at it as a tool because the higher I can get it the better I am doing with the gas milage so it does help.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.