Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

I hooked up my subs and funky things happened

1K views 8 replies 6 participants last post by  Markdm3 
#1 ·
I hooked up my 3 JL w6v2's and My 1000/1 JL amp. I ran the remote wire off of the power windows.

Problem: When I shut the car completely off the subs just pound solid like a long bass hit but it doesnt stop till you put the car back on or obv unplug something like RCAs.

Has anyone had this issue? I have installed systems in 4 of my own vehicles and many of my friends cars. I have never seen anything like this before.

are the power windows a bad spot to go off of for a remote?

Can anyone please give me input?

#2 ·
why would u run a remote turn-on off of your power windows....get a proper remote wire first. The easiest way is to go to your factory amp, and find the remote lead with a multimeter. Or you can run a new lead from your ignition under the dash. By the way, there is current running through mercedes accessories even when the car is off. Where are you getting your signal input from? Details on your wiring install would help to diagnose.

#3 ·
TC_TRIGGER said:
why would u run a remote turn-on off of your power windows....get a proper remote wire first. The easiest way is to go to your factory amp, and find the remote lead with a multimeter. Or you can run a new lead from your ignition under the dash. By the way, there is current running through mercedes accessories even when the car is off. Where are you getting your signal input from? Details on your wiring install would help to diagnose.
do you know where the factory amp is?

would it work if i ran the remote to the battery and installed a toggle switch somewhere?

#4 ·
Re:

DC240 said:
do you know where the factory amp is?

would it work if i ran the remote to the battery and installed a toggle switch somewhere?
factory amp is located in the trunk. on the left side. there's a panel that comes out. then a thick like 3" piece of foam..then the amp is there.
You can even run a remote from 1 of the fuses in the rear. Check to see the amp rating and run a line from there.

#8 ·
I ran a switch to my amp because when I was alone in my JEEP - at the time - I loved listening to my music with as much bass as the system would push. On the other hand, when I had my newborn son with me, I didn't think the bass was a good idea. So, with a switch, I could easily listen to my tunes with my son's well being in mind.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.