Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Noob here...looking into purchasing a C230K sedan...

747 views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  sghamami07 
#1 ·
I just graduated and I need a commuter car, my Mustang isn't cutting it getting 200 mi on a tank. I def want a 6 sp C230K sedan, but don't know much about them in general. How reliable are the transmissions, what tasteful mods are available, how upgradeable is the sound system, has anyone pullied the blower for more boost, how boost friendly is the bottom end? I'm used to driving my Stang and my Mom's 01 C240. Tell me about the C230K plz.

#2 ·
i have a 6 speed 2005 c230..i love how i can get up to 34.9mpg on the freeway. In terms of mods, i havent done anything, but i definitely want to do a pulley upgrade to help the boost a tad bit and add an exhaust system. i like driving a 6speed much more than an automatic. The throttle response is better to me compared to an auto.

#3 ·
Gas mileage sounds great, do you have the 4-door? I was also wondering the differences between the years? 03 was the first year of the 6sp, no? Keep the opinions coming.

#4 ·
jrida, your car sounds sick. i have the same one and for mods.. like the exhaust and etc where did you go and what did you get? i have alot of trouble finding anything for the c230 coupe its just like so rare and wasnt so popular at any time that it was on sale.... any info appreciated
thx

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.