Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Winter Tire Recommendations

875 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  eerola 
#1 ·
Any recommendations for winter tires? I'm in the Chicago area, with a C230 Coupe ... and the car simply did not want to GO last year in any kind of snow. Was thinking of Blizzak...?

#2 ·
I have heard that any decent priced winter tire will help however, I just moved from Boston and last year I had a horrible time even with decent priced snow tires on it. I will try to get the name of the brand I used however, I still had a hard time getting going in the snow. Seemed to help with slipping while in motion but as for taking off and moving from a stop....it was horrible. I think the best solution is to move to a place without snow. Just kidding, I will try to get the tires I have used just for a comparison of what I have experienced.

#3 ·
I just looked and asked some friends up North if anyone has used the Blizzak's. I have a friend that uses them and really likes them. They swear by them and say they are the best they had and they hold up really nicely. As for the ones I had I had Michelins and I believe they were the Latitude series. I wouldn't recommend those to you. Good luck!

#7 ·
I have Nokian Hakkapeliitta RSi on my C and my SLK. They are probably the best snow tires I have ever had. Some Gislaved's with spikes had better ice traction. Continental ContiWinterContact with a high speed rating were better on dry. But these are the best all-round. Good on everything. And what is most important: Extremely predictable. RSi warns you well before you reach the limit. And even after the limit they are very easy to take back under control. In person, I like them more than Blizzaks.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.