Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Sound System Problems Plz Help

1K views 5 replies 6 participants last post by  TC_TRIGGER 
#1 · (Edited)
:wtf: i have a C320 2003 and i had put two alpine R 12'' and two alpine m650's to power them plus a capacitor i got it installed at some place which was known for dealing with high line cars after driving it home for 15 20 mins the volume begins to increase drasticly and decrease drasticly and i have no idea so ltr on i changed my front 2 speakers to alpines and i still get that problem does anyone know why that could be happaning

Plus i was wondering if i were to change my headunit would it be a bad idea and plus i would lose my steering wheel functions and if there was any way to use them

plus what headunit do you reccommend like in dash flip out or no

#2 ·
ashkanyoussefi17 said:
:wtf: i have a C320 2003 and i had put two alpine R 12'' and two alpine m650's to power them plus a capacitor i got it installed at some place which was known for dealing with high line cars after driving it home for 15 20 mins the volume begins to increase drasticly and decrease drasticly and i have no idea so ltr on i changed my front 2 speakers to alpines and i still get that problem does anyone know why that could be happaning

Plus i was wondering if i were to change my headunit would it be a bad idea and plus i would lose my steering wheel functions and if there was any way to use them

If I were you I would take it back to the place which was known for dealing with high line
cars and let them figure it out. You paid them to do a job so at least have it done right.

#3 ·
Your OEM head unit will control the radio volume based on cabin and road noise - this may be your problem...lets say a sub hits, teh head unit input picks that up and raises the volume to go over that - then if there is a lull in the volume it could lower...just a thought - i have read the dealer can shut that feature off...
but as My04230k said - you paid for a service - and they did not do it correctly...so it seems
Jake

#4 ·
ashkanyoussefi17 said:

Man,Guess your oem H/U has automatic volume sensitive control. So when your bass hit,The oem h/u will think thats the road noise,and it automatically turn volume up.
Would be a great idea to change an aftermarket H/U.A good H/U will be the brain of your entire system.As your already changed ur front speaker +amp +sub.You really should changed the H/U,You will get a whole new experience while driving a lux-car.
Alpine made good H/U.I had a alpine cda-9833 + pair mb quart front speaker+pair alpine type-s rear + mrd300 amp+type-s 12" sub,Sounds really nice.like the system so much.:D So get your aftermarket h/u,prob will be resolved.:dance:

#5 ·
you can get a double din head unit which are usually touch screen and very good for sound systems i had 2 rockford p3 12"and p8002 amp with pioneer 400 watt component speakers and my stock head unit would cut off the subs and it actually blew my subs and amp once id change the head unit thats probably your problem good luck

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.