Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

my 07 c230 pix inside :)

3K views 17 replies 13 participants last post by  n5160u 
#1 ·
lemme know what u think what shud i add..rims..lower...

See less See more
#2 ·
I think your car looks sweet the way it is. I can't tell if the windows are the factory blue tint which tells me that they aren't that dark. If that is how mine look then I might consider putting some after market tint on them to darken it up. I am not sure where you are located but it looks like you have the Black Birdseye Maple interior. I thought it was only available in Canada yet I have seen some Americans with that in their cars. Looks good though and I personally wouldn't want to ruin the effect of a sweet luxury car!

1stBenzo

#3 · (Edited)
I would get some stealth bulbs, clear front impact strip lights (or European impact strips) - safely remove that warning sticker from the ashtray with bestine or alcohol - and then if you wanted to add a big change - lower it down a little in combination with an alignment kit - Kmac, other... - I really like the new rims...I don't really care for the wood interior trim or the spoiler - but I can understand M-B changing things up to generate some news before the W204...

Congratulations on the new car - ! Welcome to Benzworld...
Jake

1stBenzo - do some research before you tint your Mercedes, and it looks like sexClass is in Oakland, CA

#9 ·
i would do tints and s class tail lights first along with a flat hood emblem g luck

#14 ·
They are Michilen 225/45 ZR17 front, 245/40 ZR17 rear, high performance. Correct me if im wrong, there the stock tires. Alsooo...have any of you used Carlab in Santa Clara i might be getting rims and hid conversion from them on MY 07 C230 any feed back on their service?

#17 ·
Where's the Antenna

Anyone else notice that there's no stubby antenna on top of the back window? I thought all of the C's had this. And SexClass's has the NAVI too....hmmm.... Did they eliminate the antenna from the 07's?

#18 ·
The antenna is now on the roof so it can look lile a Toyota or VW. Are you are aware there is no legal way to put HID in a your halogen headlight fixtures in any country that conforms to ECE or DOT lighting regulations?. Is Carlab willing to certify they are ok for street use on paper? Can they show you any kind of papers that show the lights are DOT certified for road use in the Mercedes light fixture? Papers showing the light bulbs or ballasts passed ECE or DOT requirements only means the lights and ballasts were certified for use in an approved fixture and in no way does it imply legality if used in a non approved headlight fixture. The reason for all this is that halogen fixtures were designed of a specific lamp brightness (which is why higher wattage lamps are also illegal for street use) and putting in a light source that is as much as three times brighter than the fixture was designed for means the light output that is diverted to light overhead road signs and provide a small amount of flare into the oncoming traffic to aid visability is now three times brighter than is legally allowed and you run the risk of blinding older dirvers because their eyes don't recover from glare as quickly as a younger driver. No amount of corrective aiming will reduce the glare to legal levels because that is controlled by the reflector design. Also most conversions need extra holes in the fixtures to allow the HV power leads to get to the lamps. These extra holes mean you will have to replace the fixtures with OEM stock units if a cop gets you for a fix-it ticket and you have to return it to stock or if your car is a lease and you need to return it at the end of the lease. If you retrofit the OEM BiXenons lights you will have a legal and approved light fixture for your car that since it is all original cannot be detected because it is the correct light for cars built with that option and it can be aimed correctly. The only downside is that it will cost as much to add it as it would have cost to order it when the car was built and you don't get the headlight auto leval control or the light washers which are required if the car was built with the lights.
OEM BiXenons are the only way to go if you wish to avoid the problems with aftermarket conversions AND the OEM lights put more light on the road and glare far less than any aftermarket conversion. BiXenons are also the only way at present to get the benefits of a true HID hi beam as well. Although the cost is high once you drive at night with the BiXenons you will never want a car that doesn't have them.
I got my BiXenon W203 fixtures from steve@mbenznl.com and he does make several trips to the Bay Area (actually San Carlos) every year to install the mod parts he sells. He can even add features to your car that the local dealers don't even know existed because they are found on European versions only.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.