Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Mercedes WIS installation problem

6K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  goofatyerservice 
#1 ·
So I just got a coy of the WIS to put on my computer. Well while it's installing it says that it can't share JOBORDER and one other directory, and that clients won't be able to access- ok?

Anyway when I try to run PM to set it up to my language and such- it gives me an error:

Wirkung: Die Applikation kann nicht gestartet werden.
Ursache: Die applikation ist nicht aktiv oder kann nicht gefunden werden.
Aktion: Bitte versuchen sie es spater noch einmal.
Rough tranlsation
effect: the application cannot be started
A cause: The application is not active or cannot not be found
Action: Please they try it later again.
So it's basically saying it can't find the application.

I'm at the step where you open PM for the first time and login as ADMIN -- then you goto the PMADM link to set languages and such... well I click on the PMADM icon (which, btw, is a big blue question mark) -- and I get that error.

Any ideas?

#4 ·
I ended up having to reformat.

It seems-- to my estimation- that it was a problem with some third party software. In my case, the only difference between my computer BEFORE I reformatted, and AFTER was I didn't have a program called PC DUO on my computer. PC Duo is a remote desktop-style application that installs a 2nd graphic driver hook, and replaces the MSGINA.dll file with PCIGina.... So check for that...

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.