Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Tyre choice for W203

6K views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  m111power 
#1 ·
Question:- What are the best tyres for my car for normal driving ?
My 2002 C270CDI Estate seems to have a healthy appetite for the Continental tyres fitted. I have read elsewhere in this forum about Conti's being prone to scrubbing as though the tracking is out. I have had the tracking checked but still see a rapid loss of tread to the outer edged of two diagonally oppose tryres.
Thanks,
Goody (UK)

#2 ·
Falken tires

I had used michillin mxv4+ all season(oem) tires It runs about 30k on car.Everything is like average but high price.After i had use a pair of goodyear eagle F1 summer tires.Pretty Good dry/wet traction plus its noisy level is lower.Seems it wont last as long as all season tires.But wut u get is handling.More fun to driver.
Soon aftter i upgrade to 18" rim.And i did a lot research about tires at that time.At the end i pick 2 Falken ze-512 allseason tires front 2 falken st-115 at rear.There are amazing tires.I think those are the best tire at its price range.Excenllent dry/wet performance plus its super low noise level will really let you enjoy ur music even driving at 70mph. Best tires i had ever used, There are 3 times i run at 130 mph and i feel that the car totally under my control...Heard falken discountinued ze-512 all season tires.You could try ST-115 or Fk-451.I Highly recommend Falken tires...

#6 ·
m111power said:
Pilot sports are good tires.If you dont mind spend some extra $$ on it.For the price of pilot sport.I could go for falken top of line's tires.Not only because it is cheap.But really good performance + lil road noise.:p

To each his own, I never saw the point for buying premimum cars and fitting them with bargin basement tyres personally.

#7 ·
GP2GP said:
To each his own, I never saw the point for buying premimum cars and fitting them with bargin basement tyres personally.
The tires m talking abou isnt called bargin or such so....Doing a google u will know dunlop sportmaxx is oem suit for new lexus is350(same level as c-class).Falken tire is about performace summer tire..They wont last that long as michillin all season....Thats y they'r cheaper...

#8 ·
I just put a set of Cooper Zeon Sport A/S on my 123...they are very quiet, absorb bumps well, stable at higher speeds, great in this last bit of heavy rain from the hurricane aftermath and track great. (215/45/R17)
Jake

and for me there are made in USA...

#9 ·
BF_JC230 said:
I just put a set of Cooper Zeon Sport A/S on my 123...they are very quiet, absorb bumps well, stable at higher speeds, great in this last bit of heavy rain from the hurricane aftermath and track great. (215/45/R17)
Jake

and for me there are made in USA...
Nice choice:thumbsup: .R those summer tire or all-season BTW?

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.