Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Can Someone be my Eyes for 05 C230 SS at MB Escondido

704 views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  Buellwinkle 
#1 ·
Hi Everyone,
I am serious looking to buy a Capri Blue 2005 C230WZ SS from MB of Escondido. The problem is that I'm located over 2500 miles away, so I have had to rely on pictures the salespeople have been e-mailing me.

It is a 2005 Capri Blue with Ash interior. It has the lighting, sunroof, and entertainment packages. It also has about 15,800 miles. Price so far is $27,500. I have to figure about $800 to ship it to the East Coast.

What I was wondering is if there are any benzworld members that are closeby to this dealership that could "be my eyes" and maybe do a walkaround or even a test drive of the car.

I pretty much buy my used cars like most people buy their new cars. I am VERY particular about everything. From looking at the pics they've e-mailed me, the car looks really good. But there are some areas that look like there are white paint chips. It could be the sparkles or dirt on the lens, but I can't be sure. Only actually seeing the vehicle can you really determine. And that's what I am hoping someone might be able to do for me.

This will be my first MB and my first "almost new" car. And, in addition, I wouldn't want to have any surprises when I see it the first time after it's been shipped 2,500 miles.

The VIN on the car is: WDBRF40J65A809573

Apparently, the sales manager Randy Johnson says it's "up front" on the lot. They do have 2 others optioned exactly the same, but with 18K and 19K miles on them. I can care less about the mileage, but rather would prefer the better-looking one.

Can anyone help me out? I thank you all in advance.

Paul Mendes
Cumberland, RI

See less See more
#2 ·
Just get a brand new one for that price, seriously, unless you like vintage. Call MB of Laguna Niguel and ask to speak to Vadim Fedrovsky, long time MB tuner, tell him I sent you and to work you a good deal. These cars sell for about $6K off these days. Then you don't have to worry about condition, it will be new, zero miles, new warranty, possibly a 2007 but best deal on 2006. Let me know if he can't cut you a deal, I have another salesman that I can refer.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.