Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

C350 Top Speed?

23K views 16 replies 10 participants last post by  TC_TRIGGER 
#1 ·
Do anyone know what C350's top speed is??:confused:

#5 ·
The AMGs are limited to 155 mph. The regular Mercs are limited to 130 mph. It's all because of the tires. Get high performance tires, and take off the limiter and you can reach 155, but I wouldn't recommend it. Non-AMG's weren't tuned for that, especially the suspension.

#11 ·
I have taken my car way past 130mph on a downhill in the desert, and its a C180K, it hits the limiter at exactly where my friends C55 hits it 257km/h(Pitty it gets nowhere near there on a streight road:/). If you got a safe stretch of track that is long enough C350 must run till 257 limiter. The top speed indicated by manufacturer is achieved under specific regulations in terms stipulated distance and consistant speed repeatedly reached.

i stand corrected to the effect of the country code of your SAM though,mayb it limits the car, i have only tried the South African code and currently use the Netherlands one that makes the alarm beep with no other effects noticed...

Buellwinkle, if you read this, do any other country codes do anything interesting?thanks.

#12 ·
ALL cars coming out of Germany are limited to 155 mph by contract with the some tree hugger group (no offense). But then there are certainly many other factors limiting speed, one of those most important are the tires. If the tires are not rated for speeds higher than 130 or 155, don't do it.

The road condition is also another reason. If it's rough or has dips, don't even try it, that's how that one guy in an Enzo nearly died.

#13 ·
If you're referring to my car, I have eibach pro-kit springs, amg sway, 19x8.5 in the front 19x9.5 in the rear on z rated tires. I have also graduated from driving school in quantico virginia. My car was stable and was not going downhill. I was driving on the 118 in California. I have also seen an amg video of a factory c32 at 178mph on the autobahn on the speed channel.

#15 ·
asianml said:
ALL cars coming out of Germany are limited to 155 mph by contract with the some tree hugger group (no offense).
So how come nobody told me Porsche moved? Or are they just headquartered there and build the cars elsewhere?

#16 ·
asianml said:
ALL cars coming out of Germany are limited to 155 mph by contract with the some tree hugger group (no offense). But then there are certainly many other factors limiting speed, one of those most important are the tires. If the tires are not rated for speeds higher than 130 or 155, don't do it.

The road condition is also another reason. If it's rough or has dips, don't even try it, that's how that one guy in an Enzo nearly died.

Hey AsianML, its rather the "three hugger group"lol:) as they had a concensus between Audi,MB and BM to govern at 155mph, the obligations of that agreemant are coming to an end in December sometime, if so there will be some interesting speeds produced by the AMG's and M's.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.