Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Newbie with Newbie Issues..

2K views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  JBeans 
#1 ·
Hey All...

Hope these aren't redundant questions/issues...consider me apologized if they are...

BUT...

Bought my first Benz 3 weeks ago today (from a fairly large and reputable Mercedes dealer)...an '02 C320 with less than 29000 miles that appeared to be absolutely flawless, clean Carfax, yadda yadda yadda..but not CPO...and out of factory warranty
(I bought it on 11/16/05...it was first titled on 11/13/01).

But in the last 7 days, 2 disturbing things have happened:

1) Front passenger window will not operate. I can
here the relay switch trying to engage the motor, so I don't think it's anything as simple as a fuse.

2) Fan to the rear seat AC vents blows on high
constantly...regardless of the climate control settings. Only way to stop it is to completely close the vents on the back of the center console, or turn off the system completely.

Two questions...

Are either of these documented common or recurrent problems?

And any advice on how to approach the dealer...

Thanks in advance for any help..

G

See less See more
#3 ·
Hi GG,

I, too, am a new MB owner. So I'm a newbie as well.

I have not come across the 2 problems that you described, so I'm sorry that I'm of no help there. However, I would suggest that you approach your dealership (salesperson/service advisor) and mention your 2 concerns. I understand that your car is out of the warranty now, but if they would like to retain you as a valued and ongoing customer in their service department, perhaps they can do something for you out of good will. Afterall, you've only bought the car in the last 3 weeks and you shouldn't expect that something would malfunction so soon.

Do keep us posted on the outcome.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.