Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

DIY - air filter change

122K views 51 replies 44 participants last post by  classyna 
#1 ·
Here is 8 shots for a DYI air filter change...
Jake

Attachments

See less See more
#8 ·
The pictures are of the 1.8L, 4cyl engine. Your 07 has the 6cyl engine.

#14 ·
I would not recommend going with an oil impregnated airfilter. This sometimes let's oil go into the MAF Sensor filaments and kills the MAF. This happened to me on a naturally aspirated MB V6. When I replaced the MAF I went back to a stock airfilter. A supercharged engine will bring in more air volume making this risk even higher (same with cold air intake).

#23 ·
04 C230 Kompressor -CEL code P0170

Hey guys.. my CEL came on twice and the OBD2 scanner says its code P0170 - isn't that a dirty air filter or the MAF sensor needs to be replaced? I am a 'girl' and not mechanically inclined. I know if I take it in to the repair shop I will get tagged financially.. what are my options? Car - 2004 C230 Kompressor with 50,000 miles. No major repairs but oil changes, new tires, new brakes.

#24 ·
FYI: W203 engine air filter cost

I just bought another set of engine air filters for my W203 C320 4Matic from a_u_t_o_haus_z dot com and their prices went up. In March 2009, the price per set (a set is 2 filters - you need 2 filters) was $30.89. Today (Sept 2009), the price is $35.49 for the same filters.

Still not bad compared to $75 at the dealership and a_u_t_o_haus_z dot com does not charge any shipping for any orders > $50 :thumbsup:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.