Blue tint - Mercedes-Benz Forum

Go Back   Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class
New User? Register - Forgot Password

BenzWorld.org is the premier Mercedes-Benz Forum on the internet. Registered Users do not see the above ads.

LinkBack Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-25-2005, 06:44 PM   #1 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Oct 2005
Vehicle: '03 C240, '03 ML350
Send a message via AIM to pentagon
Blue tint

So is this factory blue tint thing someting you can accomplish without replacing all the windows or am I between a "rock" breaking all the windows in my car at the same time and a "hard place" installing some cheap aftermarket application.
pentagon is offline   Reply With Quote
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

Old 10-25-2005, 09:05 PM   #2 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Oct 2002
Vehicle: 2014 Audi S5 Cabriolet 3.0T
RE: Blue tint

you will never get the factory look with any film. If you want it you have to go buy the windows from mercedes, otherwise dont waste your time because it will look so bad you will want to sell the car. black tint always looks good, even though it is illegal in california, i have never had an issue on my 2 cars!

mike
2014 Audi S5 3.0T Cabriolet | Phantom Black Metallic/Black Nappa Leather | Premium Plus | MMI Nav Plus | Sport Diff. | Adaptive Dampening Suspension | B&O Sound | 19" 5-Spoke S Wheels | Carbon Atlas | Supercharged Badges | 35% Tint
MHPHOCKEY is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-25-2005, 10:43 PM   #3 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Aug 2002
Vehicle: C230K Sport Sedan

Nothing wrong with tinting the windows, just have it done by a place that understands MBs and the moleskin to protect the film from being scratched. You'll never get that factory look but there's nothing wrong with a nice black tint, loved the way it looked on my 2002.

http://www.mylavista.com
Buellwinkle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 05:58 AM   #4 (permalink)
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Feb 2005
Vehicle: 2001 C320

Quote:
MHPHOCKEY - 10/25/2005 8:05 PM

black tint always looks good, even though it is illegal in california, i have never had an issue on my 2 cars!

mike
This is not entirely true. As long as the car has a passenger side mirror, the back windows can be tinted any shade. The front-seat windows cannot be darker than 35% and the front windshield cannot be tinted at all.
1960 Ford Ranchero
billyons is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-26-2005, 06:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Mar 2004
Vehicle: W203 modified
Send a message via MSN to miroj Send a message via Skype™ to miroj

Quote:
pentagon - 10/27/2005 11:44 AM

So is this factory blue tint thing someting you can accomplish without replacing all the windows or am I between a "rock" breaking all the windows in my car at the same time and a "hard place" installing some cheap aftermarket application.
The total cost of replacing all of the side windows in a sedan is about $420. The rear window is stupidly expensive ..... why ?

Rear window has to be glued into place and the GPS, PHONE, RADIO and TV antenna all have to be glued on first. So I suspect that is the one that gets the scratch.
Old 05-06-2006, 02:41 PM   #6 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2006
Vehicle: 2003 C230K Sedan
Quote:
Originally Posted by Guest
Nothing wrong with tinting the windows, just have it done by a place that understands MBs and the moleskin to protect the film from being scratched. You'll never get that factory look but there's nothing wrong with a nice black tint, loved the way it looked on my 2002.
I have a question? I have factory blue tint in my c230K and was wondering if I did tint it, isn't it going to look a bit differnt with the blue tint in the windows as factory and then adding tint over it. I'm afrad it will look funny or mirrored? Any comments on this? Do you know of memebers who have tinted over their blue factory tint and what the results were? Thanks, Rich
Lacoste is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-11-2006, 08:41 PM   #7 (permalink)
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: May 2006
lacoste, i have the blue glass on my 230 and i had Llumar platinum plus tint applied over it. it still retains the blue look. look for a tint shop that has that film and ask them to place a small section behind the glass.

to each his own, but it's alright with me.
pgahawaii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 09:24 AM   #8 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Feb 2006
Send a message via AIM to TheRealFoo
I just got mine tinted yesterday. Looks great, no problems with it clashing with the blue tint.
TheRealFoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-12-2006, 06:42 PM   #9 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: '06 C350 Sport Sedan
Send a message via AIM to DiamondBlackC350
I'm going to get my car tinted tomorrow. Does anyone have pics of what normal tint looks like over the blue? Also, what was someone talking about moleskin? Should I be worried about my windows getting messed up? The guy I go to is really good, so I'm sure he knows what he is doing.

14.35 @98mph bone stock. Not bad
DiamondBlackC350 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2006, 10:46 AM   #10 (permalink)
BenzWorld Junior Member

Vehicle: Debadged 02 C230 Coupe
Send a message via AIM to EnkeiDynamics
I'm looking to get my windows tinted very soon...I have an 02 C230K coupe...but from what I've heard the Huper Optik ceramic film is the best, idk how truthful that is but this is the only film I've read about that consistent does not interfere with the raido, or the reciever for the keyless remote....others have and have not interfered. Although Huper Optik is the more expensive one I believe....

I just want to know how much someone paid to tint both side windows, and the back window and what the results were....

LOL AND If anyone knows of a shop in Charlotte, NC that will do this and not mess it up.....
EnkeiDynamics is offline   Reply With Quote

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W203 C-Class