Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Cheap initial performance upgrades?

2K views 11 replies 9 participants last post by  GONZZO 
#1 ·
Which cheap / initial performance upgrades would you guys recommend? I saw a 50-dollar chip on eBay that supposedly increases the hp by 15. Good buy? What else should i look into getting?

#2 ·
dont even think bout gettin one of those...probly a small box that you clip onto a piece of metal on your car and they say it gives u 15 hp because its grounds currents or some bullshit...get some green filters for a cheap mod

#4 ·
There are a many cheap mods for this car, the problem is they are all extremely expensive because it's a benz (I don't always equate cheap with price). For just about $2-3K you can get a cheap pulley kit that will give you a legit 15hp. You can alway get a good aftermarket filter, I've gotten as much as 1hp on the dyno with ITG but only .1hp with K&N on a stock C230. Also mufflers can help, a cheap and inexpensive fart can exhaust that's unbearibly noisy can give you as much as 6hp, just don't get the tuner exhausts that are quiet, they don't do much, maybe 1hp. I did lots of dynos and mods on my last C230 with the 2.3L motor. For my C230 with the little motor I'm happy just putting around in stock form.

The actual best bang for the buck is NO2, it's relatively cheap and you'll get kick in the pants, beat the kid in the pimped out Civic feeling.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.