Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Nokia 6310i - Non recognition by MB Linguatronic

2K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  JG01 
#1 ·
Could anybody help me with the following problem:

I recently bought a 2001 C320 with Linguatronic including an MB Dealer or Factory installed phone cradle in the centre console.

If I place my Nokia 6310i in the cradle before starting the car, COMAND displays the message "Please wait - Initialising Phone" and that is displayed continually while driving. The phone is inoperable.

The previous owner had a Nokia 6110i judging by the manual left in the glove compartment. I cannot find any advice on the Nokia website and the dealer seems non-plussed.

How do I get the phone to work?

Regards

Andy

#4 ·
Hi,

Most cellular shops should be able to do the firmware upgrade for you. I do not know of a website where you can download the upgrade yourself. Anyway, you will need to connect it to your PC with a data cable.

Before you upgrade the firmware, try the following:
1: Clean the contact pins at the bottom of your phone and cradle with a soft cloth to remove any posssible dirt/dist build-up which could cause a bad contact.
2: Try a friend's 6310i\6210i\6110i\5110 phone and see if it works
3: Make sure your radio is switched on before inserting the phone into the cradle.

Hope this helps.

Regards,

J

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.