Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

where can my friend get new pulleys for his s/c on his c230?

931 views 8 replies 4 participants last post by  Lynn 
#1 ·
[No message]

#2 ·
Depends on the C230, if it's older than 2000 then you can get an s/c pulley kit from DynoSpotRacing in San Jose. If it's newer than that you will have to find a machine shop because nobody sells an s/c pulley for those cars, not even MB.

If it's a 2002 or older, then you can call ASP Racing, they sell a larger crank pulley that will spin the s/c faster for about $600. If it's a 2003 or newer then you can get a larger crank pulley from Carlsson for about $2-3,000.

#4 ·
For the supercharger you can get any spec pulley from EATON directly.

Dont be fooled, EATON are experts in pulleys. They make the Kompressor units for MB and most other companies.

So its no surprise that they also stock a full range of pulley sizes.

Just talk to an EATON wholesaler.

As for the crankshaft and alternator. That is a different issue.

#8 ·
And the few hundred for the pulleys, that's just sales tax. These babies run thousands.

The reason the pulleys for the 2002 C230 (also W203 but with the 2.3L motor) are so cheap is that I worked on a group buy and had ASP make them and tested it on my car so we all ended up with them for about $350. Nobody stepped up to the plate with the 2003+ cars to do the same and ASP is willing to help. I haven't even heard of one person on any MB forum that put a pulley kit on their 2003+ C230's with the 1.8L motor. I think the reason is that people that want performance could just ponied up the extra $2,500 or so and get the C320 coupe and that wasn't available for me in 2002.

#9 ·
Buellwinkle - 5/25/2004 10:03 PM

I haven't even heard of one person on any MB forum that put a pulley kit on their 2003+ C230's with the 1.8L motor. I think the reason is that people that want performance could just ponied up the extra $2,500 or so and get the C320 coupe and that wasn't available for me in 2002.
I totally agree with that. I would have gotten a 320, if it had been available.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.