Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

H&R springs for a C43

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  Guest (MBNZ) 
#1 ·
I have a 1998 C43 and would like to lower the <br> car. How does the H&R springs (sport #1) affect<br> the ride of the car? Are the H&R's the best choice, Eibach also makes a set to fit the car, does anybody think there is a difference. How do<br> the springs work with the AMG shock/strut set-up?<br> <br> Thanks for any input<br> Brad<br>

#2 ·
Re: H&R springs for a C43

Hi,<br> I just got a 99 C43 and had it lowered with H&R sports. Specs say it lowers the car more than Eibach, but not by much. Some say that H&R is also stiffer too. Its really up to your driving tastes. The ride is a bit stiff at first, but as they settle you will get a nice 'sporty' ride out of them. I have not changed my shocks yet. I will wait till a little after 40k miles to do that. I'm riding on stock chrome monos, and will eventually go with 18's in the near future. As for the way it looks on the stock 17's, I could stand to have it just a bit lower but won't do anything until wife approves the 18's. Good luck and have a great time!!!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.