Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

C36 Front Bumper Question

1K views 4 replies 1 participant last post by  Guest (MBNZ) 
#1 ·
I just purchased a 95 C36 and I noticed that the driver's side of the front bumper is sagging just a bit (less than 3/4 of an inch but not flush like the other side). I can't find any evidence of an accident or low speed impact so I am hoping that I can tighten/replace the mounting screws or clips. Has anyone seen this sort of thing and if so how do I get to it?<p>Thanks in advance for your help,<p>Michael

#2 ·
: I just purchased a 95 C36 and I noticed that the driver's side of the front bumper is sagging just a bit (less than 3/4 of an inch but not flush like the other side). I can't find any evidence of an accident or low speed impact so I am hoping that I can tighten/replace the mounting screws or clips. Has anyone seen this sort of thing and if so how do I get to it?<p>Thanks in advance for your help,<p>Michael<br>The front bumper is tightened with 4 nuts in front and 1 plastic slides which fits into the bumper along each side. The bolts in front are situated behind the cover for the airco-fans and behind the cap in front of the towing-eye (besides both beamers). The plastic slides are under the fender to reach them you have to take away the bottom part of the dirt cover (2 screws and 2 plastic nuts). These slides can be untightend and moved up/down and in/out.<br>

#3 ·
Thanks for the info but now it looks like I need the entire front bumper. I got home from work today to find my parked car hit, a note with a name and number on the windshield and a mutilated front bumper. The number on the note was bogus and I can only assume the name was as well. The foglight was hanging like a christmas ornament and my left front headlamp assembly was on the pavement. Yet another victim of hit and run. Can anyone recommend or suggest a source for a replacement bumper?<p>Thanks,<p>bummed C36<p>

#4 ·
: Thanks for the info but now it looks like I need the entire front bumper. I got home from work today to find my parked car hit, a note with a name and number on the windshield and a mutilated front bumper. The number on the note was bogus and I can only assume the name was as well. The foglight was hanging like a christmas ornament and my left front headlamp assembly was on the pavement. Yet another victim of hit and run. Can anyone recommend or suggest a source for a replacement bumper?<p>Thanks,<p>bummed C36<p><br>I can suggest a replacement bumper, that's no problem but I don't know whether it is going to be any help for you. Normally I buy my bumpers second hand/original mercedes I know an adress in Holland of someone who buys all kind of used bumpers (in Germany) with only little scratches and damages. This man im- & exports a lot of stuff to the states but I don't know if the price will still be worth the effort....<p>

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.