Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Howdy - Just got a c43

2K views 13 replies 9 participants last post by  pdxgrease 
#1 ·
I just picked up this 99 c43 with 97k. Its awesome. Just wanted to say what's up to the fellas (and ladies) in this forum. I am not so sure about the wheels and grille.. what do y'all think about the mods? I love me some stock c43 action so I am a little on the fence about the baller-ed out appearance mods.

cheers!

-pdx

See less See more
#2 ·
What part of WA did it come from?

And ya, kill all the bling- right down to the headlights.

The issue of course is that it all looks like it came from Ebay to those in the know..

Otherwise, nice car.

rjp

#6 ·
Haha. Hey look fellas my car took a trip to eBay! Thanks for confirming my belief in returning to stock. Although I am thinking about 18" w211 e55 wheels.

#11 ·
Get the stock wheels off a C32. Same size and a bit more updated than the classic giant slotted pancakes.

#13 · (Edited)
@duane I kind of like the slotted pancakes off the e55 but my wife says they look like wheels from an old Volvo. For now I'm thinking of just using the curbed 17" monos, put some high performance all season rubber on and make those my winter tires while I try and find some nice amg 18's. Are the c32's the 5 spoke with the gap in the middle?

@benzonline I know dude the car looks so tacky. I looked up the wheels and some bloke dropped $1500 on the wheels on my car, WTF? There truly is no accounting for bad taste. The headlights are the main problem area since there are no oem projectors for the w202. There is a reflector style hid option but that's it. So I either have to revert to stock reflectors or get some other blind lights on eBay thy are not smoked. At least when I'm inside I can't see the abomination that is my c43.

#14 ·
Btw not to speak blasphemy but I have found the c36/c43 forums @ mbworld to be very mod/tuner oriented.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.