Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Anyone in CT? - prospective owner needs help

1K views 3 replies 3 participants last post by  eundaddy 
#1 ·
First off, I have to admit I am mostly an old school Audi and BMW guy and have never owned a MB...hopefully that won't deter anyone from helping me out. My two DD's, a built 1995 S6 and my black on black 1988 M5, could use a little attention this summer. I am going to use that as an excuse with the wife to add to the fleet. I would like to pick up something interesting, fun and a little more modern to drive (relatively) while I am wrenching on the other two cars and my 69 Z/28. Today I looked at a mint 2001 E55 AMG today and am surprised to say, while it was a very nice car, I wasn't really moved by the driving experience like I thought I would be. Maybe it was the car's size, maybe it was being somewhat numbed by the luxury, I don't know. Anyway, another MB option I am considering before I go down the path of an E39 M5 is 2000 C43 AMG (yeah I know the 2000 model year is pretty rare). However, it's not local to me and I have never even seen another C43 AMG in person let alone drive one. I have bought cars sight unseen before, but never a model that I had not owned and known very well before. That would be a new level of insanity for me. Anyone here local to CT that could meet up with me and let me check out their car and chat? Beers on me. Failing that, I would welcome any comments from those with experience with both cars who can draw any helpful comparisons. I would hope the C43 would prove to be a little more engaging, fun, scintilating or whatever you want to call it. I know this must sound crazy because the E55 is by all accounts a great car but I am going with my gut.

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.