Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Auto gearbox, c230k

1K views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  Boston_019 
#1 ·
my gearbox is very slow changing up and down gears, gradually runs smoother after a while of running, could this just be the oil needing changed? and if so how do i do it? cheers

#2 ·
As far as I am concerned I would change the trans fluid every 2 years or 25k. The dealer tells customers it will go 100k between changes, which we all know is total BS. There is no difference between changing a MB than any other car. just use the right fluid. I use Mobil 1 Full Syn ATF which will work in all the MB Electronic Transmissions. It cost the same as the Fuchs or MB Genuine ATF. The electronic trans DO NOT USE Dexron! it is thinner than Dexron. If you put regular Dexron in a MB Electronic trans it will shift really slow and act strange and jerky. When it heats up it may or may not run normal. but it might stress out the pump sooner or later. then get ready for the $3-4k question! Make sure you change the trans filter too. If no one has changed the fluid in a long time you may have to change it about 2-3 times. Especially if it is over 100k. I change my C36 every 15k since I rebuilt it. I changed it after the first 3k miles of "break in" Filters at the local parts store is $25 or less for OEM Elring.

Also what happens with lack of fluid changes is your seals break down earlier!

** Note: In my C36 I use Mobil 1 ATF as with my Electronic trans C230 Kompressor

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.