Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Official W202 C36, C43 AMG Pictures Sticky

347K views 246 replies 97 participants last post by  PJmak 
#1 ·
I think it's time we has this pix sticky thread post pix of your ride!. As most of our rides are a work in progress, you can email me new pictures and descriptions as time goes by and I'll update them if you wish.

See less See more
#3 ·
Mom's '97 C36 with 27K miles. Yes, it driven and owned by a little old lady! My dad bought it because he was always a bit of a 'hot rodder'. Only 236 of them were made that year. All stock except for tinted windows and rear spoiler. (Why wasn't that a factory option!)

Attachments

Reactions: s3v3n3o
#10 ·
I am 17yrs old and drivin' my dream car. My first car was a 420SEL which my dad gave me, and i have been driving that since i was 15 and a half. Back in 1996 when the C36 came out, i told my 2 older brothers and my mom and dad that i was gonna have a C36 for my first car that i buy myself. Then in 1998 i changed my dream to a C43 AMG. They didn't beleive it until now. I got a loan from my dad and bought the car of my dreams. here it is. Those are 18' Brabus wheels riding on 255/35's and i have 2 12'inch audiobah subwoofers with 1800watts rms going to them. But don't worry, it's not bass on wheels. My amp has a filter which only allows frequencies below 180Hz to pass through, and my stereo allows me to set the inside speakers for 175Hz and up. Basically, I tuned the subs to only get the low deep bass which i don't get from the bose stock system, while the bose handle the mid and high bass. I hate when all you hear is bass!!!! i'll post some pics of my sound system soon.

Attachments

#16 · (Edited)
My C43 AMG

The car was registered in April 20000 and it's done 54,500 miles.

Mods Done So Far:

AMG Centre Caps + 18" Monoblocks

Avantgarde Grill

Smoked Front Indicators

Before Comand

After Comand & Carbon Fibre Gear Shifter

Carbon and Nappa Leather Wheel & Origin B2 Speed Camera Detector

MBClub Pedal Mod

Aerotwin Wiper Blade

W210 Mirrors & Stock Indicator Blanked Off

Colour Coded Handles

Hope you like them.

#18 ·
c43amgedmonton- i heard that if you put a cold air intake, you're gonna have problems with some of your sensors, is this true? i think you're the first c43 with that kind of setup. can you still put your engine cover? reason why i'm asking is because i'm planning to do a similar setup like yours but i would like to put mine behind my fog lamps.

#19 ·
svt Ricco- I thought i might run into some problems with sensors but i have been runing it for over 5000km with no problems. Unfortunatly you cant put the stock cover over it without lots of work and cutting up a good airbox. I dont know how you've planned having it down by your fog lights but if you do i would love to know how to change mine.

good luck.

Johnny

#21 · (Edited)
Hello..

First post here.

Just bought this one:

Fully equipped -96 also equipped with 'sport' package.
Mint leatherinterior,digital clima,etc etc.
And the 'ugly' grey gaugecluster has been replaced with black surroundings and white gauges.
Also the steeringwheel is fully black with 'black wood' as the rest of the interior.
Avantgarde grill as you can see.
And the body is black metallic.

Rgds
Patrick

Attachments

#24 ·
I am also a dreamer of sorts, I am 16 and driving a C43 AMG, love the car, I always thought i'd be driving a "tuner" car like all of my high school buddies, but my dad has had a love of Mercedes Benz, and AMG for a lifetime, his father had a 1971 250S, and ever since he has been a fanatic, so naturally I am also big into Mercedes and AMG. The C43 I have is in excellent condition, it is a 1998, that I bought just over 3 weeks ago, flew down to San Francisco, and drove it back to Seattle with no issues, the car runs great and I am excited to finally have this car. Not necessarily a fan of the chrome AMG wheels that came with the car, so I will be changing/upgrading those within the next few months, also will be dropping the stock BOSE sound system, and adding an Alpine deck, with Focal speakers all around, and a 10" MTX sub woofer, all taken from my old C280, that I sadly totaled a few months back. So here are a few pictures with more to come!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.