Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

trouble w/electric windows and sun roof

2K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  JimPurdy 
#1 ·
windows - auto up and down does not work;
since i just put in a new battery, could it be the squencer? If so, how do i adjust the sequencer?

#2 ·
Window problems

Jags,
I had a similar experience with one of the rear windows. The auto-up / down feature wouldn't work on that window. I could raise or lower the window by carefully pressing on the button but not depressing it far enough to activate the auto feature. The dealer had to reprogram the computer and didn't replace any parts.
Jim

#5 ·
Synchronizing power windows

Alan is right - there is a note on page 78 of my '99 C280 owners manual about re synchronizing power windows.
"If the power supply was interrupted (battery disconnected or empty) the windows cannot be opened or closed by the Express feature.
To resynchronize the Express feature, press the (up) side of power window switch until the window is completely closed and hold for additional 2 seconds. Repeat procedure for each window.
The automatic full opening and closing procedure of the windows should now be restored."
My problem was only with one window and I had forgotten about this part of the manual.
Jim

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.