Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1994 Euro C180 W202 auto elegance

1K views 1 reply 1 participant last post by  hocky 
#1 ·
I have this RHD car and the driver's door trim which is cloth over some kind of board has collapsed where my elbow is between the armrest and the zebrano trim panel. Where if any can I get a replacement of this panel? The panel has mushroom beige colour cloth with the crisscross pattern and is intact in the collapsed area, but the underboard has cracked in several places in an oval shape. Can this be fixed easily? A trim shop has asked for A$100 to fix with additional foam pad to stop further breaches. Another quoted A$80 so they must know what they are doing even without opening the panel. Anyone done this before?[:(]

#2 ·
Driver's door internal panel

Nobody out there to help me? Never mind, I have this sorted out already. First I sent the car to a professional interior trimmer and he fixed the collapsed cardboard backing board around the elbow area with very strong industrial glue and what looked like 3mm MDF cut to shape. Another layer of foam was glued to the back of this to prevent rattling against the steel door frame. Next I went to the indept. Benz tech who took the panel off and he put it back quickly without breaking any of the nylon clips. Cost me A$50 for the repair of the panel and A$20 for the removing and fixing back of the panel. A replacement from Sydney was quoted at A$250 plus labour. The stealership nearby quoted A$2000 to get the part made up in Germany and sent back here and would probably have got it from Sydney anyway and walked away with A$1,750 plus the labour of a dealer of at least A$500!!!! What a joke!

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.