Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Window tinting for my 1997 C-180

737 views 7 replies 2 participants last post by  hocky 
#1 ·
I have been told by the local Benz dealership that I cannot get the windows on my C-180 tinted because the rubbers on the windows are too tight and thus will scratch the film. Apparently, tinting requires modifications to the rubbers which will cost AUD 500. Is this true? Is there a somewhere I can buy aftermarket rubbers to enable me to tint my car's windows either on the web or in Australia?<br> <br> Thanks in advance<br>

#6 ·
I've had my windows tinted for over 2 years now and have had no scratches. It all depends on the film they use and how they install it. I used reflective film on mine and it has a lifetime warranty against scratching or peeling. Bit expensive, but it gives me piece of mind.

#8 ·
window tinting

[:)]Prem, I have just tinted my 1994 C180 and it was done by Premier in Melbourne where they are having a Winter special. I paid only A$180 for a good job. Last week, my daughter got a cheaper deal at A$139 or something like that from the same installers. The film hasn't scratched, touch wood.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.