Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Coolant in oil

647 views 3 replies 4 participants last post by  RonCT2 
#1 ·
Hi everyone.

I noticed milky stuff on my oil cap and a milky dipstick. To the car to a mechanic and he diagnosed that it was a blown head gasket; after changing the gaskets, oil cooler and filter. I drove for about 1500km with it and oil light came on; naturally I topped off oil and the light went off. After several short trips: I also noticed the coolant disappearing faster than usual and the oil light came on again. Check dipstick and oil level seemed more than fine.

(That milky stuff kept forming at the top of the oil cap). What could be the problem; please help.

#3 ·
Don't know what motor you have or year, George is correct...take it back in. Could be gasket has not held, have them check the head surface also...might be warped causing an impossible to seal situation. Has the car been overheating?

Also flush the cooling system because if coolant is getting into oil....it absolutely is putting oil into the coolant too.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.