Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W202 squeaky rear bushings

2K views 4 replies 4 participants last post by  Georj 
#1 ·
I need help about this squeaky noise that drives me nut... so can someone post a photo of the rear bushings localisation in w202 and tell me the procedure of how to remove them for replacing or greasing

#2 ·
First, please complete your profile. Add your vehicle year, model, miles, your location, etc. for the members on this forum to offer appropriate information.

The members on this forum are not clairvoyant and are not able to offer any advice on such limited information.

There are many rear bushings on the car. None of them can be greased. If they are worn, they have to be replaced. You need to isolate which one is squeaking and replace it.

#4 ·
None of the rear bushings are greaseable, you must replace the suspension component that is squeaking. If it is one of the many control arms in the back, new ones can be bought individually, and they are not expensive (this includes the tie-rods, camber struts, thrust arms, trailing arms and lower control arms). It might also be the anti-roll bar end links, which are also inexpensive, and very easy to replace. The last possibility are the subframe bushings, but those are very time consuming to replace (even more so if you do not have the 300$ tool to do it). What I would suggest would be to replace the part that is squeaking, and then save for an overhaul one day.

As it has been previously said, you need to fill in the information about your car, and you need to pinpoint the problem yourself. If you bring your car to a mechanic, he can look at it and find the problem. If you bring your car to us, you need to provide us with enough information to help you.

#5 ·
One way to isolate the bad bushing is to spray non-petroleum lubricant on one bushing at a time and drive the car. In most cases the lubricant will temporarily stop the noise. Keep repeating the process until you spray the bushing and the noise stop. Then you will know it is that bushing.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.