Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Got new rims mounted up

842 views 5 replies 3 participants last post by  Patman1 
#1 ·
Bought these a few weeks ago from ECS Tuning. They are a replica of the factory AMG rims. The offset is slightly different which pushes them out a tad farther than I wanted, but I have no fender rub, so I'm not too worried about it. Other than that, I have to say the quality of the rim is pretty good. The machined area is clear coated so it won't oxidize like the factory rims, and the runout on them was as good as factory, and they were fairly well balanced without a rim on it. Overall I have about $1000 in the rims, tires, and center caps. Factory rims would have cost me that for a set of banged up used rims alone.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

See less See more
#2 ·
Looking sexy!

I'll take a picture of my car some time soon and post it here, next time I take my car out I guess :D My current rims are RTX Stratus, they fit the car very well. I'm not personally a fan of the AMG style rims, I prefer my rims to be "spoky", which is why my dream rims would be BBS. Some of the sexiest "factory" rims that you find are cars are those that Alpina fit to their modified BMWs, and I wouldn't be surprised if they were manufactured by BBS.

#3 ·
I've been wanting to change up the rims for years, and was undecided on the amgs, but they have grown on me. The one thing I like about them, is they cover up the nasty stock calipers. If I had some pretty calipers to show off, I might have went with something else, but I like the style and the fact that they hide everything. Plus these aftermarket ones have more machined area due to the offset.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.