Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Replacing the sun visor

2K views 1 reply 2 participants last post by  merctech36 
#1 · (Edited)
I am posting this as there wasn't much information on the forums about our sun visors. Hope it helps. Also, my comments are for those of us driving on the right side of the road.

The sun visor on my 2000 C280 would no longer stay up and so I needed a replacement as these things are not serviceable. In my case the original part was 210-810-15-10-7D04, which is gray (grey) and on the USA driver's side. Note that this is the newer sun visor (98?, 99, 00) that does not have the Homelink garage door opener.

The first shock was the price of the original part online. A jaw-dropping US$750 at the time I looked!!! I went to the the local Mercedes dealer and they said that there has been a part substitution and that they would sell me a 210-810-13-10-7D04 E-class sun visor for US$179. Better, but still a little expensive.

I then went to the local salvage yards and found one for $5 but it was so weathered and disgustingly dirty that I had to say no. There was one (the E-class version) on Ebay that the seller claimed was in good condition for US$50 delivered, but after my experience at the salvage yard I decided to buy new. I was also concerned that a used one would not last very long before it failed.

I ended up ordering the new substitute sun visor online for US$140 delivered from Autonations. The new sun visor arrived in a Mercedes box. Attached is a photo showing the new substitute sun visor (installed) and the old original sun visor (below). The differences are:

1. The original sun visor was wider towards the door. No a big deal from a typical driver's position. All other dimensions are about the same.

2. The new sun visor has no warning stickers.

3. The new sun visor has a diagonal holder strap on the right, while the original had a vertical strap.

4. US$600

I'll take the $600!

DelJ

Attachments

See less See more
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.