Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Ignition Problems!!! PLEASE HELP???

1K views 8 replies 5 participants last post by  Jippi 
#1 ·
I have recently had a problem with my 95 c280 ignition. The key would not turn no matter what(vibrating, wd, etc.) So I being the "mechanically inclined" person that I thought I WAS. I believe made a horrible mistake by cutting the ignition at the steering column. Is there anyone that could help me get the rest of the ignition lock mechanism out of the steering column? PLEASE HELP...

#2 ·
where exactly did u cut it? pics?

#3 · (Edited)
Pictures of whats going on!!!

Okay could not get a pic to load, but I cut it off at the front of the base of the steering column where it meets up to the ignition module. It only has 2 or 3" left in the steering column. I will continue to try and get picture of it on here..... But any help would be greatly appreciated! http://www.benzworld.org/gallery/showphoto.php/photo/55990/size/big/cat/500

#8 · (Edited)
When the key will not turn it is usually the tumblers that have gone bad...the turning of the key is what controls the locking or unlocking of the steering column, so here is a youtube video on how the ignition switch w/key is replaced.....(no cutting/hammering/torching etc etc...) from your picture I now think you will need to replace the steering column....just my two cents....

#9 ·
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.