Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

Gearbox and Air con probs

695 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Andrzejek 
#1 ·
Hi there.I've got Mercedes benz C200 Elegance, 2000. SEMI AUTO. I've be experincing prob with gearbox. On the gearbox display It does not appear "P" sign when I start car. But I still able to start. After couple minutes "P" sign appears and I can change gear and go on.
2nd Power not coming to compressor. What Could I do. I've got Haynes manual 3511. Anybody can tell me, How I can solve my probs. Your respond is greatly appreciated

#2 ·
Do you have a W203? I am curious if the model year 2000 was the 203 in your home market because my former W202 did not have electronic display of the gear selected. That may be why you haven't gotten any replies, and if this is the case just repost in the W203 section below this one.

#3 ·
Sounds like your tranny is due for service. I would check the tranny electrical plug, as the seal tends to fail, and tranny fluid will work itself up to the TCU. As far as the kompressor goes, it's spun by the belt, and has an electric clutch. You should hear it engaged when starting the card from cold (the kompressor runs as an airpump during cold starts).

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.