Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

About to buy 1996 C-180 - Advice???

746 views 2 replies 3 participants last post by  Walterk55 
#1 ·
This is my first post on this forum. I'm just about to buy (tomorrow) a 1996 Mercedes C-180. Just wondered if there is anything I need to know before I commit myself? The car I'm looking at is a 1996 C-180 petrol with 110k miles on the clock. Drives very well and immaculate condition.

I saw a few posts on wiper problems in Mercedes. Caught my eye as at one point this morning during a test drive I turned the intermittent wiper off and it stopped 8" up from the park position. Turned on and off again, and it sorted itself out. Is this anything to worry about??

Any advice would be much appreciated.

Thanks!

#2 · (Edited)
That's perfectly normal :) Mine does exactly the same (c180 1995, 145 000km)!
One thing you should get checked is the wheel balance, mine was abit off. 15-16 years on the same rims does that...

Fun car to drive, got some go if you rev it a little :)
A car with that low milage you should be in for a lot of fun! Mercedes just keeps on going, very sturdy cars :)

(A guy I know (and talk to frequently) has 700 000 km on the clock, starts and runs like a charm :)

#3 ·
I owned a 1994 C-180 in France. Nice car, but don't expect rocket performance... it went just fine with just me in the car or two people, but tended to bog down with 5 people and going up mountains

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.