Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

W202 Chrome Gear Shift Surround by Schatz

2K views 3 replies 2 participants last post by  bachusattackus 
#1 ·
I bought one of these on fleabay and it was made of plastic. It looked good, but didn't fit completely around the gear indicator. It also had little flaws that showed where it was actually cut from the mold. I sent it back.

It was the correct Schatz part number for a post-7/99 W202.

Question: is the original MB part number 202 267 0788 also made of plastic? I would consider getting one if it were nice chrome metal. But a plastic piece for $72.00 (or $56.00 at parts.com) would be a bit overpriced.

Anyone have experience?

I did check the forum, and the R170 forum, and club202, and all sorts of other searches, but could not find an answer to this question.

#2 ·
I bought one in chromed metal from eBay that fit perfectly and had a very nice finish. I don't remember the seller but there can't be many selling these on eBay. Maybe you can just email each seller and ask if they are metal or plastic? I'm certain you will be happy with the quality of the metal one.

#3 ·
I went ahead and ordered the factory part from parts.com, expecting to pay $51.60, but I got an email from the Mercedes dealer the website goes through (Mercedes of Naperville) saying the part number has been updated to 20226707887F24 and it only costs $9.90.

Let's see.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.