Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

A W126 guy needs advice on a W202

1K views 6 replies 6 participants last post by  neilrr 
#1 ·
Hi guys,

I just need some advice on a potential buy. It's a 1995 C250 CDI with about 125,000km. It's a japanese import. I'm currently driving a mint 300SD. I'm a big diesel fan but never owned a diesel merc above 1992. Any advice on these cars? Maintainence costs? Anything that I should look for in the inspection?

Any input would be much appreciated. :)

Pitta from Canada

#2 ·
Congratulations on your new acquisition.

First and foremost, the 95 is a very straightforward vehicle to work with. Parts are plentiful with a strong and affordable aftermarket.

Typical W202 issues; the brake pedal switch, ventilation bellows, occasional rust around the front wheel wells, the eccentric wiper arm likes to stick (just open it up and lube it), front suspension parts, and the display might need a new bulb or two.

Nothing really unusual of alarming, and with exception of the ventilation bellows, all readily repairable.

#3 ·
Oh, I haven't bought it yet. I just wanted some advice before I sent it for inspection. Sounds like straight forward stuff. Really appreciate. :)

Will keep you updated.

Cheers

#4 ·
One thing to keep in mind is that the W202 was never brought to North America with the diesel engine. The first thing I'd want to ensure is availability of parts. It is highly likely you'll be stuck with the dealer, as they'll be sourcing a lot of model-specific parts from Europe for you.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.