#1 (permalink) Old 05-20-2010, 08:12 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

Date registered: Apr 2010
Mentioned: 0 Post(s)
Tagged: 0 Thread(s)
Quoted: 0 Post(s)
(Thread Starter)
99 c230 komp windows will not go up or down

so first off this is my first post, I joined bout a month ago when i got myself a 83 190d, just never had to post anything, lol....anyway I just bought a 99 c230, pretty good shape main prob was a bad maf, all good on that end now, the issues iam having are all Minor electrical, but my main issue with that is as stated above my windows do no operate, none of them front or rear, nor does the key roll down the windows, luckily the ac and sun roof work otherwise this fine tx heat would cook me in that car, I have spent the last 2 days searching this form trying to find a lil nugget of info that could help me but all I really found was how to fix my seat issue......all the window fuses are good hood, and trunk, the owner i had bought it off of stated there was a control module for the windows in the driver side door, I haven't seen anything on this site about that so I dont know, the switch panel for the windows does have power or at least im assuming that since they light up when I turn my light on, I should also note that besides the windows the trunk button, and the mirror adjuster do not function either, and also the switches in the back seats do not function either, besides the fusses is there a relay somewhere that I need to be looking at? I would appreciate any help in pointing me in the right direction.
Sponsored Links
Advertisement

#2 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 06:07 AM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
update......ok so i tried the key again for the windows( 4th time ive tried this) an it rolled em all down and back up when locked, switches inside still dont work, but now sunroof is acting werid, i press the switch an it opens like a half inch each time, and i have to press it like 10 times till it opens fully, but then closing it all i have to do is hold the switch an she closes, all be it a lil sluggish but it still closes up. lol I love this car, but so many weird lil electrical quirks
#3 (permalink) Old 05-21-2010, 09:00 PM
BenzWorld Member

Date registered: Aug 2009
disconnect ur battery, let it sit for like a minute then reconnect it and turn on ur car and then everything will work. search for reset procedures in this forum tho
#4 (permalink) Old 05-22-2010, 06:32 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
hey, I appreciate the response, however that was the first thing i did, lol my bad i didnt mention that above, Ive tried it a few times and nothing, I can still only use my key to roll windows up/ down, which works now but I dont really care to have all four windows down at once.
#5 (permalink) Old 05-23-2010, 07:00 PM
BenzWorld Newbie

(Thread Starter)
anybody?
#6 (permalink) Old 06-06-2010, 07:50 AM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jul 2008
Vehicle: 2001 E320
Hello Twiztid-
Your problem sounds similar to what I am experiencing on front drivers window on my E30. I have a good regulator, good motor... but the switch only "bumps" the window along. I am researching as we speak as I am anxious to sell this vehicle. At this time I am beginning to suspect a door controller or door control module. For you, double check that your battery is A1++ OK as I have read that many electrical problems are mysteriously solved when a new battery is installed.

1999 E320, 2000 E320, Southeast USA
#7 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 07:19 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2010
Any update on this? I'm now having the exact issue. No windows are working and the power mirrors are not either. Crazy.
#8 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 08:14 PM
BenzWorld Elite

Date registered: Jul 2010
Vehicle: 1995 C220
Quoted: 10 Post(s)
Just because window switches light up when you turn on lights, is not an indicator that switches have power, it only means the park lamp circuit is working. To see if switches have power first check the fuses, then check power at backside of switch.

Not familiar with how the control module works with the switches. I would assume that since ALL of them dont work then it has to be a power issue going to the relay or the switches, or a control module issue. If they roll up and down with the key, you have eliminated any wiring issues in the door. It would be rare to have a faulty wire anywhere unless there was a wreck, therefore it is either relay, fuse or control module.

Try desychronizing the windows by disconnecting the battery for a few minutes. Reconnect the battery, then resynchronize all the windows by rolling them all the way up, then continue holding the switch for a second. This sychronizes the window and tells it where the closed position is.
#9 (permalink) Old 04-24-2011, 09:31 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Jan 2010
Using the key fob all the windows will go down and back up.

I will try the battery thing this week and report back. Note that I already checked all the fuses.
#10 (permalink) Old 04-25-2011, 05:41 PM
BenzWorld Junior Member

Date registered: Mar 2011
i have similar issues with my 99 C280, and i read in a post somewhere that the relay in the trunk next to the fuse panel is the culprit. i took mine out and tapped it in my hand and i got the seats, windows, and mirrors to work for a brief period. i hope i'm on the right track.............anyone else out there please chime in.

Mercedes-Benz Forum > Mercedes-Benz Sedan Forums > W202 C-Class