Mercedes-Benz Forum banner

1997 C230 - some issues - need help

4K views 4 replies 3 participants last post by  wichipong 
#1 ·
Hey guys i have a 1997 C230 with 82500 miles on it and here are the latest issues i have been having with it...all of ur input is greatly appreciated.

1)- Climate control - ok when i start up my car it goes right to AC and i have to turn it off to not use it...is this normal ??....also when i have my heat on sometimes but not all the time i can smell (exhaust) fumes inside of the car when the heater is blowing

2)- Wiper - ok when it rains outside it works fine and then all of a sudden it will (drag slowly) about halfway of the windshield and continue to do this for a while and then it catches and works properly again....it will not seat all the way down when the wiper is turned off either...what am i looking at here??

3)- Idle - this problem only occurs when i get off on a off ramp making a (right) turn.....once the turn is complete the car shakes and the idle speed goes down to 5 grand and the car feels like its missing, when i pull over and shut it down for less than a minute and restart it --wala it runs fine and i can resume driving it again..but it only happens when im making a right turn on a off ramp, regular turns at street intersections it doesnt do this left or right...it still has the (original fuel filter) in it

the only codes i have on my vehicle right now are for (both) O2 sensors being bad

your feedback and help is greatly appreciated guys.....:bowdown:

See less See more
#2 ·
I can answer the first part of question one... These cars (with majority of all MB) the AC is designed to be on all the time... to create a more comfortable environment inside the car. I have never turned mine off in either car, unless driving with the windows down.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.